Sunday, August 08, 2010

Ice

At Christmas I had been lucky enough to get some new filters, so I thought I would try them out on a beautiful January day in Duluth.


On the way to the lakeshore, I spotted a ship.


The ice builds up on the rocks along the Duluth shoreline, making for some neat photo opportunities.




Here I tried out the new neutral density and graduated tobacco filters.


The next weekend Pat & I headed out to Brighton Beach on the east end of Duluth for some more ice photos. There were some cool ice 'balls' ranging from marbles to softball size alongthe shore.


Pat getting the tripod setup.


It was a little chilly, so we were bundled up in our ski gear.


Here we used the ND filter again to catch some water/ice movement.


The evening colors were beautiful.


Ice hanging off the rocks.


One last shot before heading home.

2 comments:

Christina Smith said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I have never seen ice "balls" before! Super cool!

randi said...

Awesome pictures! You and I are going to have to go exploring so you can teach me all your tricks.