Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lester River

The Lester River park is one of the favorite spots for Duluthians to enjoy the fall colors. I headed out with the camera in tow for a few photos in mid-October.


The Lester River flowing over some nice basalt rock.


A road called 'Seven Bridges Road' cuts through the park. Since the road is somewhat of a historic parkway, each of the recently replaced bridges was given a facade that looks like stone.


The park houses a cute gazebo that I always picture as being a good spot for a wedding photo.


I took a shot looking down the falls at what is called 'the deeps' just prior to heading out. A lot of locals like to cliff jump here. Although I am a fan of cliff jumping, this would not be my top pick due to the distance required to miss the rock canyon walls.

No comments: