Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Arrival in Ireland

My sister Jennifer decided to broaden her horizons for her junior year of college by studying abroad in Ireland. I was lucky enough to go visit her in early March.


My first photo of Ireland was rather blurry. Initially I wasn't sure if this was due to the major sleep deprivation after a half day at work and 12 hrs of flying, but decided it was probably due to the difficulty shooting through the tinted, non-opening windows of a moving bus.


I was at least relieved that I seemed to have arrived in the correct location. I flew into Dublin via Amsterdam, and was headed literally across the country to Galway.


Dublin had some pretty cool bridges.


At first I was completely disgusted with this photo since anything moving was completely blurry. After looking at it some more, though, I thought it actually depicts the bustle of the city quite well.


What would a trip to Ireland be without seeing something Guiness related. Unfortunately, I did not have time for a tour of the plant. Jenn said it was a nice tour though, so maybe next time.


As the bus continued on, the city soon gave way to the Irish countryside.


An Irish farm?


Here was my first glimpse of some of the many sheep that roam the country. This was my last shot before it got too dark to have any halfway decent photos while riding on a bus. I arrived in Galway late in the evening and was greeted by Jenn and my brother Andy, who had arrived a few hours earlier. I was sooooo tired by the end of the day and happy to see a bed!

No comments: