Monday, September 24, 2007

July

Early July took Sara to California to visit her brother and myself to Michigan to visit my family. Since Sara had the camera we can only post photos of her adventure and none of my misadventure. Just as well anyway. Sara is much more photogenic.

Sara and Andy pose on the California coast in front of a rather neat concrete bridge. I bet you were always wondering where engineers go on vacation.

I thought this was a cool picture that Sara took of a pier at some unnamed city along the California coast. The city is unnamed because I don't know where they went and Sara is not around to set me straight. That's what you get when you leave me in charge of important things such as this. Another fun game would be to count the misspelled words. How many are you up to now?

A neat photo of the California coast. Quite a bit different from the summer greens of the Midwest.

You're in luck. I do know where this photo was taken. This is 'Half Dome' within Yosemite National Park taken near Glacier Point. I think the black and white picture really highlights the contrast between the trees in the foreground which frame the mountain beyond.

Sara and Andy pose near ah er... um a river. Is there enough water for all those people to be swimming in? I guess that is California for you.

This is a shot of a lake near the north entrance of the park. You can see the granite mounds of the Sierra Nevada's in the background.

For our 2nd wedding anniversary Sara and I took a trip over the the Apostle Islands for the day. We spent too much time having fun and not enough time taking pictures so our offering is limited. This was taken on the ferry ride over to Madeline Island. It was a beautiful day.

We took a break and jumped into the Lake on this beach located at the North end of Madeline Island.

No comments: